St. Augustine Gothic

St. Augustine Gothic

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Squirrels get the fruit

Remember the apples from my last post? Well so did the squirrels. I have got to put up the electric fence before the tomatoes come. I am not growing a garden so that a rat with a cute tail can harvest everything.
First broccoli.

The tomato plants have grown so much in a week that I needed to get cages to start support. I've not added any fertilizer other than the compost at planting. There are at least 4 varieties, but the problem is that the tags got washed away.






The last time I saw my little green apples.


Enjoying the front porch with my boys, Buck & Paco.

This plant is interesting because the red part is actually the leaves. The flower is white. It is called a bougainvillea. They were all over Vieques.


Just love the color here.

Azaleas in full bloom.

Radar on guard




















2 comments:

  1. I ate some of my own lettuce these last few days! Seeing your broccoli makes me feel better about mine -
    ~madelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry about those squirrels. They are cute as far as rodents go. But I am not really into rodents either. I am in a Motel 6 just south of Indianapolis. This is a truly low rent operation but great for sneaking in a kitty in case there are rodents. It's nice to read your blog out here in the middle of America.

    ReplyDelete